I made a short video on this on my Instagram post today on this topic. I asked a simple question(s), “Do you show up for yourself in every area of your life?” And most importantly do you show up for yourself? Which is more important because how you show up for yourself sets the tone for how you show up for yourself in every area of your life. If you don’t show up for yourself in your life, I truly don’t expect for you to tell me that you actually have a fulfilling life and that every other area of your life is running smoothly.
I want to tell you what showing up for yourself means to me. This may look different for every person but this more or less may give you an idea of how you can start showing up for yourself every day. I must say this, you’re not always going to have it together 24/7, you’re going to have days that you’re just going to want to give up or feel like this is too much, BUT if you can’t show up for yourself you can’t expect for others to show up for you in your life. You can’t expect for people to suddenly give you things that you’re not even giving to yourself, things do not work that way.
- Giving myself the attention that I need, giving myself the time that I need for myself.
- Doing things that I love at least a few times a week that I know will make me feel better.
- Eliminating conversations that revolve around gossip and things that are not going to fill me with knowledge. (Yes, go out and have fun, relax and have fun with your friends and family, but if conversations take a turn for the worst and it makes you unease either walk away OR speak up and say I don’t feel comfortable discussing this.) This is showing up for yourself.
- Creating healthier habits in my finances, friendships, relationships and romantic life. This meant I had to get rid of some people in my life that I truthfully love but from afar and wish them well.
- I started speaking up about the things that I’m passionate about and those things range. Whenever I speak I feel so liberated and I just know I’m on the right path. I also started speaking up about my emotions.
- Getting up everyday with the willingness to want to do better and be better. I make sure that I dress up everyday and I make sure to add a bit of makeup and I give thanks for the person that I am/was/and am becoming.
- Showing up for yourself means you start taking responsibility for the hurts and the pain that you feel inside and you work towards trying to heal that. You work towards trying to understand yourself and others better, instead of becoming a victim and or trying to hurt others for things they may not have done to you.
- Showing up for yourself means LOVING YOURSELF UNCONDITIONALLY.
- Showing up for yourself means limiting your judgements towards yourself.
- Showing up for yourself means believing in yourself and in your ability to make anything happen.
- Showing up for yourself means sticking to the promises that you made to yourself.
- Showing up for yourself is making sure every area of your life is equally balanced.
- Showing up for yourself means that you take a stand for setting up boundaries with people when you know you need personal time to recharge.
- Showing up for yourself means taking steps of faith in the direction that you want to go and fighting against the fear that holds you back from your passions.
So, do you show up for yourself in your life? Do you show up for yourself in for yourself? How does it make you feel? If you don’t show up for yourself it’s okay, baby steps. Don’t feel like you need to get this down from one day to another. Progress is progress and I am still learning this myself. I don’t have it all down and I am still learning and incorporating a lot of this into my life. It feels great to show up for yourself! Try it, I dare you. What’s the best that can happen?